Is Your Norridge/Harwood Heights Business Being Affected by Vandalism?
It could happen to anyone. You leave your business at the end of a long work day and everything is clean and orderly. You come back the next morning and there's new bright paint on a wall of your business and you realize that you have been tagged overnight.
Steps to Prevent Vandalism-
- Add a higher security. This could mean adding motion light sensors or even a security cameras.
- Keep the area around your business well lit and clean. This deters vandals.
- If you have been a victim of vandalism, clean it up quickly. Vandals are more likely to create tags or other forms of vandalism where some already exists.
What to do if You Find Vandalism-
- If you find egg, use soapy water to clean it off of buildings or cars. Don't use a power washer because it can remove paint or damage siding of your business.
- If you find toilet paper, use a leaf blower or a long utensil to gently remove it from the building or trees. If you try to pull too much, the toilet paper will break, causing a bigger mess.
- If you find paint, be careful with removal. Many removal manners can also cause damage easily.
- If there's broken glass, carefully pick up all larger pieces and vacuum smaller pieces.
For more tips and tricks like this, please like us on Facebook